10/6/10

I got my lunch all packed, my (rain) boots thai'd tight, I hope I don't miss my flight!

In exactly one week I will be departing the U.S., alongside the lovely and incredible Miss Alana Miller, to spend a year teaching in Thailand.  Armed with a minimal (soon to be improved) knowledge of Thai, a trusty guidebook, an arsenal of bug-spray, and a whole lot of excitement I will be ariving in Bangkok for a week-long orientation. Then I will move about an hour outside of Bangkok, to Prapradaeng, where I will be teaching English and science to 5 to 12 year old students at a private Buddhist school. 

If you are laughing at the prospect of me teaching science, don't worry, I am as concerned for these students as you are. 

Next time you hear from me I will be enduring the balmy heat of Thailand's monsoon season, eating incredible food, and sticking out like a sore thumb!!

1 comment: